Sponsor The Fighters Company Spotlight: Clinch Culture
Hello Everyone, welcome to the fourth company spotlight!
The company spotlights serve to show who the people are behind the business, and what they are about. I hope that this part of the blog can help provide these entrepreneurs with a spotlight to talk more about their own journeys of building their brand!
Clinch Culture is a martial arts inspired streetwear company based in Toronto, Canada.
MART!AL ARTS !NSP!RED STREET₩EAR Without further ado, here is the interview with Aaron, the founder of Clinch Culture!
1. Tell us a little bit about your brand. Who are you and what do you guys represent?
We are a Toronto streetwear brand born out of the Muay Thai community.
2. What are some of your proudest moments in developing your brand?
Having athletes on the podium in our gear for both Muay Thai Provincials and Nationals in 2019 was our proudest moment so far, we want more of that.
3. How do you spend your time building your brand (marketing, advertising, etc.)?
We build relationships with people and create products based on their needs and preferences. We market our products through athletes, musicians, & artists.
4. What are some of the hardships that you have faced when building your company, and how did you- or are planning to-overcome them?
Starting up we need to get our brand out there. The Covid-19 protocols have shut down gyms and also competitions this year. Our plans of having athletes in the brand have to be altered due to the Provincials and Nationals being cancelled.
5. Where do you see your brand in 5-10 years? If you could summarize your brand in a quote, what would it be?
In 5 to 10 years we see our brand doing for the Muay Thai community what Supreme did for the Skateboarding community. People that know nothing about the sport will gain interest because of the stories.
6. What advice would you give to your past self of when you first started the company?
Ship your ideas.. meaning don't self sabotage right before releasing something. Take risks to learn the market and have fun.
7. Are there any particular types of athletes you had in mind to sponsor?
We are interested in sponsoring a One FC athlete. We see ourselves working with professional athletes soon.
8. What do you look for when sponsoring someone?
We look for people to represent our brand the way that we would as athletes. Both myself (Aaron) and Melanie are TBA-SA Tournament Champions and are always scouting the top talent when at events.
9. Do you have any projects or products you are working on or would like to promote?
We are currently working on a tracksuit collection that will be available on our website in various colours and designs.
10. Is there anyone you would like to give a shoutout to?
Special shoutout to Kru Strike down in Chicago for creating our graffiti style logo for us also Warrior Fightstore for giving us our first in store appearance.
And that is the end of the interview! Please go support Clinch Culture by following them on their Instagram (@clinchculture) and Facebook, and please check out their website here!