Hello Everyone, welcome to the Company Spotlight Presenting Tru Lyfe Passion (TLP)!
TLP is a growing clothing brand based in the United States; As you can see on their website (tlpclothingbrand.com), Passion + Fashion = Tru Lyfe Passion!
Without further ado, please check out this interview I did with Thomas, the Founder of TLP:
1. Tell us a little bit about your brand. Who are you and what do you guys represent?
Tru Lyfe Passion live young for eternity is a brand about what you're truly passionate about, where believing in your passion is a must. You live to die doing your tru passion. We wanted a brand that represents what people strive to do everyday.
2. What are some of your proudest moments in developing your brand?
I have a couple, one of the proudest moments was actually sitting down and creating the brand. Coming up with an idea that represents what I do. Being apart of 2020 GQ Winter collection was a big one as well.
3. How do you spend your time building your brand (marketing, advertising, etc.)?
Sitting down with the team (Carlton, Montrell and I) to discuss ways to expand our brand and get the brand out there, it be via social media (all platforms) or by other means.
4. What are some of the hardships that you have faced when building your company, and how did you- or are planning to-overcome them?
Hardships? Honestly everything, just the whole process of building the brand in general and getting the brand out there for the people. How we overcame a lot of that was putting our minds together and figuring out how to build this brand from scratch.
5. Where do you see your brand in 5-10 years? If you could summarize your brand in a quote, what would it be?
"Live young for eternity."
I feel this really represents where we'll be in 5-10 years. In 5-10 years from now, I see us as being one of the biggest lifestyle clothing brands in the clothing business, simply because of what we accomplished in such a short amount of time.
6. What advice would you give to your past self of when you first started the company?
I would say...just keep working and keep pushing. Be patient because patience is a virtue.
7. Are there any particular types of athletes you had in mind to sponsor?
Nobody in particular, we have a few fighters with Montrel Glover and Nahom (@thenahomshow), and we are in the works with some football players and we have a female boxer.
8. What do you look for when sponsoring someone?
We're looking for someone that can represent what we stand for, which is living young for eternity (living out your passion everyday). If not living it, pushing to live it everyday.
9. Do you have any projects or products you are working on or would like to promote?
We're working on making connections with community and building our brand. We are finding out what the customers need and want and looking for that medium. Right now, we're working on women's sleep wear and lingerie, we got the Summer collection we're working on.
10. Is there anyone you would like to give a shoutout to?
I have to shout you out @sponsorthefighters for the interview plus setting me up with Nahom, and to everyone that supported me from the beginning when I first started the brand.
And that is the end of the interview! Thank you to Thomas for his time, and for also sponsoring a fighter through our platform. Please make sure to go follow and show support to Tru Lyfe Passion through social media (@tru_lyfe_passion on Instagram and @trulyfepassion on Facebook), and make sure to check out their website here!
Thank you for reading! Let me know what you thought about this interview in the comments below.