Sponsor The Fighters Featured Fighter: Evan Jays
1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Who are you? Where are you from?
My names Evan Jays, I have been training muaythai since the age of 8. I’ve had over 120 fights, fighting across the word. I live in Essex and train at team Tieu under Philip Tieu.
2. Why do you fight?
Honestly, I’m no good at anything else. But in all seriousness, I fell in love with the sport the first time I tried it. I love the intensity, the competitiveness and also love the fact I get to do what I love on a daily basis.
3. Do you have any hobbies outside of fighting? If so, what are they?
I really enjoy music, whether it’s listening or studying, also am a big comic book fan so always reading them. I also love spending time with my mates and relaxing.
4. What is one piece of advice that has helped you in your fighting career and/or life?
You have to have your good days to have your bad. Don’t get caught up too much in training if you have a bad sesh.
5. Which brands would you want to work with?
Would love the work with Nike or Adidas one day!
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’d like to see myself as a ONE Championship world champion, fighting the best of the best on the world stage.
7. What do you want to achieve through training and fighting?
I want to become ONE Championship world champion, and hopefully one day have my own gym with my own fighters.
8. Is there anyone you would like to give a shout out to?
Big shouts to my team mates at Team Tieu, my coach Phillip Tieu keeping me motivated. Also my strength and conditioning coach, Rick Mcfarlane and Adam Hart from PWR they have been helping me get stronger over lockdown. Finally a big shout to Luke and Jamie Whelan and Charlie Peters, they were a massive part of my development as a young kid coming through, I miss training with these guys. Shout out to all my sponsors always helping me out. (Flow State Supplements, 7NRG, Wicked 1, Macroon Store Hastings, Saviourworld, Lobloo, Powguard, Red Star Clothing, King Tape, Pin Point Pro, Blackchow Tattoo)
9. What is your favorite quote?
Train hard fight easy
10. Do you have any upcoming fights?
Not at the moment, locked down has killed the fight game.
And that's the end of the interview! You can find Evan on Instagram: @evan_jays
Let me know what you think about the interview in the comments below!