1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Who are you? Where are you from?
My name Nahom Demissie, I’m from Ethiopia been living in the United States since I was seven or eight years old. I started Muay Thai when I was 13 years old. I’ve had 23 fights and I train out of Beta Academy.
2. Why do you fight?
To tell you the truth, I love it! I love the competitiveness, intensity and atmosphere of fighting. I fight so I can win, I fight so I can prove everybody wrong, and I fight so I can make myself happy and enjoy what I love to do.
3. Do you have any hobbies outside of fighting? If so, what are they?
I really like helping others especially in school so I’m always involved and busy. I love anime and comic books because it make feel relaxed. I also love to playing video games.
4. What is one piece of advice that has helped you in your fighting career and/or life?
If you have trained or studied, then you don’t have to worry. Whether it’s fighting or school or even life if you have prepared well then there is NO fear. God has your back all the time.
5. Which brands would you want to work with?
Venum, Nike, fairtex etc.
6. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I would like to see myself as ONE championship world champion.
7. What do you want to achieve through training and fighting?
I want to achieve my goals and dreams of becoming a world champion. They are the ones that pushes me everyday to train harder and that I have miles before they can come true.
8. Is there anyone you would like to give a shout out to?
Yea, I would like to give a shout-out to my coaches Kru Nakapan, coach Darnell and coach Ron from Beta Academy. I would also like to give a shout-out to my friends and training partners who were there for me and had helped me in this martial arts journey. Even though some of us are separated we still encourage each outer. The martial arts community is big, but we’re very closer than you think. Lastly, I want to give a shout-out to my sponsor Tru Lyfe Passion. It’s been awesome working with them.
9. What is your favorite quote?
“A brave man, a real fighter is not measured by how many times he falls, but how many times he stands up.”
— Rickson Gracie
10. Do you have any upcoming fights?
A: No, due to COVID 19 it’s be postponed.